PromoWire (5/18-5/22): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
May 22, 2023
Kati Sportcap & Bag Tees Up New Brand With 20 Styles
Kati Sportcap & Bag, a seller of Sportsman Cap & Bag products, has paired up with Imperial Headwear, a major player in the headwear industry for more than a century.
- Imperial's products can be found at 98 of the Top 100 and at more than 70 percent of the Top 400 golf courses in the United States.
- The best-selling performance cap is the Original Performance X210P, along with trendy looks including the Night Owl 7055 and the Wingman 7054, plus cozy knits like the Mammoth 6015.
“Imperial’s commitment to quality and craftsmanship is second to none,” says Danny Spier, president of Kati Sportcap & Bag. “Not only are they a trusted brand with a long history in the industry, but Imperial is also the headwear choice for golfers. We’re excited to add such an in-demand brand to our roster.”
Koozie Group Supports United Way With Giveback Campaign
Koozie Group (PPAI 114187, S13) announces that it will continue its support of regional chapters of United Way in Minnesota and Florida in 2023 by donating 5% of writing instrument sales through the end of the year. The program is part of the company’s Keep It. Give It. initiative and Write on! campaign.
- Koozie Group has been a longtime supporter of United Way, and in 2022, it donated more than $425,000 in product to the organization, including supplies for Hurricane Ian relief and 1,500 backpacks full of school supplies to chapters near their facilities. Additionally, Koozie Group recently donated just over $7,300 to both United Way Suncoast (Florida) and United Way Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties (Minnesota). The 2023 giveback will benefit these two chapters as well as United Way Brown County (Minnesota).
- Distributors will need to reference code WRITEON23 when placing orders. (Offers cannot be combined. Purchases in Alabama, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Mississippi and South Carolina are not eligible.) More details can be found at KoozieGroup.com/writeon.
JP Promotional Products Celebrates 20 Years
JP Promotional Products (PPAI 288504, D4) celebrated its 20th anniversary on May 16.
- The Ossining, New York-based company is operated by President Shari Pulver and Chairman/CEO Robert Rosenthal, who is the former president and principal owner of Union Pen Company.
- The company thanks all industry suppliers for their support over the years and is looking forward to the future.
In Memoriam: Dan Feldman
eLead Promo (PPAI 564982, D3) mourns the passing of Dan Feldman, senior account manager, on April 20 in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Feldman joined the company in 2017 bringing his passion for navigating logistics, solving problems, hunting down products and providing his clients with honest service. The company’s news release says he had a calming voice and the best dad jokes, and will be greatly missed as a colleague, collaborator, mentor and friend.
- Previously, Feldman owned a series of distributorships and a print shop.
- He is survived by his wife Marcy, son Jake, daughter Emilia, granddaughter Olive and his dogs Athena and Mikey.