PromoWire (5/11-5/17): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
May 17, 2023
American Solutions For Business Hosts Accelerate, Raises $5,000 For Charity
American Solutions for Business (PPAI 101656, D12) hosted its second annual Accelerate event drawing more than 150 attendees to the Breezy Point Resort in rural Minnesota, on May 9-12.
- Over two days, 28 industry suppliers presented information about their products and strategies to the ASB team in suite-style, 20-minute sessions.
- The conversations continued outside of the suites at dine-arounds in local restaurants.
- During the event, ASB also raised $5,000 for a local nonprofit, Lakes Area Food Shelf. The money was raised by selling paper soup cans which became raffle tickets for various prizes.
- ASB Patriot-level suppliers, such as OtterBox, Compass and Koozie Group, sponsored the raffle items and people walked away with coolers, gift cards, office chairs and more.
May 15, 2023
iPROMOTEu Promotes Four To Key Leadership Positions
iPROMOTEu (PPAI 218870, D12) has announced four promotions within its executive and management teams.
- Joe Hoffmann has been promoted to senior vice president of operations. Formerly of alphabroder, Prime Resources and Jetline, he joined iPROMOTEu in January 2021 as vice president of vendor management.
- Dave Kneram is now senior vice president of software engineering. He had been vice president of information technology since joining in December 2020 and previously worked in IT with VistaPrint and Cimpress.
- Emily Codner is the new director of affiliate services. A 10-year veteran at iPROMOTEu, she was most recently senior manager of affiliate services.
- Mike Segal has been promoted to director of accounts receivable. He was previously senior manager of accounts receivable.
BPMA Industry Conference Sells Out
British Promotional Merchandise Association (BPMA) is hosting its first Sustainability Conference scheduled for June 8 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Marlow, Buckinghamshire. The member-only event celebrates the official launch of BPMA’s StepForward Pledge with workshops and speakers aimed at helping member businesses on their sustainable journey. The Conference is now sold out but BPMA is operating a wait list. Register for the wait list here.
May 12, 2023
HALO Achieves EcoVadis Silver Rating
HALO (PPAI 106462, D16) has earned an EcoVadis Silver Rating, signifying its dedication to sustainability, ethical practices and corporate social responsibility, and placing the distributor among the top-performing organizations in the industry.
- EcoVadis, a globally recognized provider of sustainability ratings, evaluates companies based on their environmental, social and governance performance.
- Attaining the EcoVadis Silver Rating required HALO to undergo a rigorous evaluation of its sustainability initiatives, policies and practices, and covered a broad range of criteria, including environmental impact, labor practices, human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement.
- The benefits and implications for HALO and its stakeholders include demonstrated sustainability leadership, enhanced reputation and market advantage, supply chain excellence and continuous improvement.
HALO CEO Marc Simon says, “This recognition validates our efforts to operate in an environmentally conscious and socially responsible manner. We extend our gratitude to our dedicated team members and partners whose collaborative efforts have made this achievement possible.”
May 11, 2023
JUNK Brands Partners With TikTok Creator
JUNK Brands, whose parent company is Outdoor Cap (PPAI 213485, S10), has partnered with neurosurgeon and popular TikTok creator Dr. Betsy Grunch, MD, FAANS, FACS, to promote its headbands.
- During the pandemic, Dr. Grunch needed something to hold her hair in place under the disposable caps provided by the hospital. JUNK headbands fulfilled that need and she has stuck with them.
- Grunch, found at @ladyspinedoc on TikTok, uses her educational platform to educate patients, explain complicated terminology and encourage fellow medical workers.
Duggan, Baumgardner, Hokanson Promoted At Goldstar
Goldstar (PPAI 114031, S10) has promoted three North American sales and global marketing team members following the recent merger of its North American and European operations.
- Charles Duggan has been named vice president of sales, North America, and will lead the development and execution of corporate strategic goals for the North American market field sales and national account teams.
- Rob Baumgardner steps into Duggan’s previous role as national accounts manager, North America. He joined the company in 2018.
- Lane Hokanson becomes global marketing manager after two years at the company as key account marketing coordinator.