PromoWire (1/24-1/25): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
January 25, 2023
LGBTQ+ Distributorship, BE YOU Brands, Launches Under American Solutions for Business
BE YOU Brands, a certified LGBTQ+ distributorship, has launched under the American Solutions for Business (PPAI 101656, D12) umbrella, expanding the company’s branding and customer reach.
- “Our vision was to create a diversity company, but more than that to get involved in the community that we care about, to support entrepreneurialism in the LGBTQ+ space, and to offer marketing insight to our clients,” says Scott Coder, co-founder and managing partner of BE YOU Brands. “This enables employees to be open about their true self at work and expand work relationships with friends and allies who share and support a common bond.”
- “American couldn’t be more proud of the initiative that Scott and Rob have taken, applying the experiences they’ve had to the business that they love,” says Justin Zavadil, president of ASB. “The American family has never been shy about creating an accepting environment, and the businesses that they work with share the same vision of an all-inclusive future.”
January 24, 2023
Storm Creek Recaps Its 2022 Philanthropy And Environmental Milestones
Storm Creek (PPAI 438091) announced the results of its 2022 philanthropic and environmental initiatives.
- Charity: Storm Creek contributed over $350,000 in monetary and in-kind donations to national and local charities in 2022. The company supported over 35 non-profit charity partners throughout the year. Highlights of this giving included donating over 6,000 garments, 270,000 meals, helping protect our country’s 400+ national parks. As a result of their continued giving, Storm Creek has been a Minnesota Keystone program member at the 5% giving level since 2019.
- Environment/Sustainability: Storm Creek’s entire line of lifestyle and outdoor apparel is sustainably made. Most items in the 2023 “Everyday Eco” catalog are made using upcycled materials. By the end of 2022, the company surpassed the milestone of saving over 20 million plastic bottles from ending up in landfills or oceans. In addition, Storm Creek converted to carbon offset shipping through UPS. The company has been a 1% for the Planet partner since 2019.
commonsku Celebrates 2023 skummunity Award Winners
commonsku (PPAI 552077) recognized five skummunity award winners at skucon in Las Vegas earlier this month, honoring the explorers, rule-breakers, dreamers, and innovators in the branded merchandise industry.
- The Distributor Community Champion Award: Mitch Silver, Printable Promotions
- The Supplier Community Champion Award: Brittany Tiringer, National Acct Manager for Chameleon Like
- The Supplier Connected Workflow Award: the PCNA Team (Bill Peterson, Holly Brown, Erin Harris and Alex Parkes)
- The Shops Innovation Leader Award: Michelle Guetle and her team at The Callard Company
- The Distributor Entrepreneur of the Year: Tom Rector, Founder and CEO of ScreenBroidery
Tiffany Tarr Joins Hit Promotional Products
Industry veteran Tiffany Tarr announced this week that she has joined Hit Promotional Products (PPAI 113910, S14) as its VP of eCommerce.
- Prior to joining Hit Promotional Products, Tarr spent over 15 years at DistributorCentral, first as a senior advisor and most recently as its vice president of sales since 2012.