PromoWire (12/11-12/13): Notes And News Releases From Around The Promo Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries submitted by any member organization.)
Sandy Nichols And Kale Wallner Join J. Charles’ Sales Team
J. Charles (PPAI 113624 , S6) welcomes two new members to its sales team: Sandy Nichols, MAS, as national sales manager and Kale Wallner as vice president of sales.
- Nichols brings more than 21 years of experience in the promotional products industry and has also made substantial contributions to the industry as a volunteer for regional associations. Notably, she served on the Executive Board of Upper Midwest Association of Promotional Professionals (UMAPP) and was president in 2018. Her new role with J. Charles is expected to be pivotal in enhancing the company’s sales strategies and maintaining its market position.
- Wallner, also well-known in the promotional products and awards industries, and is renowned for his innovative tactics and dynamic leadership within several previous organizations. He is expected to bring a fresh, entrepreneurial approach to J. Charles’ sales strategy.
“As we continue to grow and evolve, it’s critical to have leaders who are not just adept at what they do but are also aligned with our core values of innovation and exceptional customer service,” says Chuck Dyas, president of J. Charles. “[Sandy’s] extensive experience and relationships, combined with her passion for the industry and commitment to growth and education, align perfectly with our vision for the future of our sales team. Kale’s impressive background and commitment to excellence are exactly what J. Charles needs as we embark on our next chapter of growth.”
Two SnugZ USA Employees Earn Certified Product Safety Professional Designation
SnugZ USA (PPAI 112982, S12) commends the achievement of Sanjay Kotia, MAS, (back row, center) and Beth Millard (front row, right), who recently earned the designation of Certified Product Safety Professional (CPSP).
- The CPSP designation is awarded to individuals who demonstrate a high level of expertise, commitment, and knowledge in the field of product safety. It is a testament to their dedication to ensuring the highest standards of safety in the consumer product space.
- Kotia and Millard successfully completed a rigorous training and examination process, showcasing their comprehensive understanding of product safety regulations, risk assessment, hazard analysis and mitigation strategies. Their achievement reflects SnugZ USA’s ongoing commitment to excellence and its dedication to maintaining the highest standards in product safety.
“We are immensely proud of Sanjay and Beth for their outstanding accomplishment in becoming Certified Product Safety Professionals,” says Rosanne Webster, CIO. “Their expertise will further strengthen our position as an industry leader, and their commitment to product safety aligns seamlessly with our company values of Care Passionately and Do What’s Right.”
Primo Sales Agency To Rep Stormtech Lower Mainland, B.C.
Stormtech Performance Apparel (PPAI 260245, S4) has appointed Primo Sales Agency as its newest multi-line representative as part of a strategic territory realignment in British Columbia’s Lower Mainland region.
- Starting January 1, 2024, Primo’s Matt Wollenberg and Brianna LePiane will represent the Stormtech brand and its service commitment to promotional product distributors.
“We are thrilled to have Matt and Brianna join the Stormtech sales team,” says Chris Turner, VP of sales at Stormtech. “Their fresh approach to the industry, and deep understanding of the local market aligns perfectly with Stormtech’s commitment to exceptional products and service.”
Nicole Stachowicz Appointed NWPMA Board Vice President
- Her advocacy for collaborative efforts, seen in her work with Branded Merch Network and PromoKitchen’s Mentorship Program, embodies AIA’s core value of “doing all things with integrity.” Stepping into the volunteer role at NWPMA, she will continue embodying AIA’s values.
- Stachowicz’s strategic vision for NWPMA encompasses key initiatives to increase membership, curate educational content tailored to members’ growth and drive meaningful member engagement.
“Being part of the NWPMA Board of Directors is a source of pride for me. If you’re not part of a regional association, you're truly missing out!” she says.
Rich Berg, senior vice president of business development and owner success at AIA, lauded Stachowicz’s appointment. “Nicole’s dedication, passion and commitment to service make her an invaluable asset. We congratulate her on this well-deserved achievement,” he says.
PromoKitchen To Host Annual Networking Mixer On January 15
PromoKitchen (PPAI 652237, A01), the industry’s all-volunteer, 501C nonprofit focusing on education and mentorship, is bringing back its popular networking mixer at The PPAI Expo 2024
- The mixer takes place at the House of Blues in the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas on January 15 from 5:30 -7:30 pm. Purchase tickets here.
- Immediately preceding the mixer, at 4:30 - 5:30 pm, attendees can partake in exclusive mentorship roundtables to learn and network with members of the mentorship program. Sign up for the mentorship program here to get the code.
- The Annual PromoKitchen T-Shirt Design Contest is back with a $500 prize thanks to the sponsorship of SanMar. Find details and contest terms here.
- PromoKitchen thanks its mixer sponsors: SanMar, Hit Promotional, PPAI, HPG, commonsku, Stahls, Spector & Co, DelegateCX and Outdoor Cap.
Proforma Joins Forces With Joshua House To Brighten Children’s Lives
Proforma (PPAI 196835, D13) has partnered with Joshua House, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children in need across the Tampa Bay community.
- In a longstanding Proforma tradition, the company and its employees came together again this year to fulfill more than $1,500 worth of gift requests on the children’s wish lists and spread some holiday cheer.
“At Proforma, community is at the heart of everything we do. It is an honor for us to help those in need,” says Charity Gibson, chief marketing officer. “The collaboration between Proforma and Joshua House reflects a shared commitment to giving back to the community and making a positive impact on the lives of local children. Growing up in poverty, it was the benevolence of organizations like Joshua House that really helped make the holidays special for me and other children like me.”
“We are so grateful for our partnership with Proforma,” says Nanci March, resource manager at Joshua House. “They're always very enthusiastic about our mission and extremely generous and thoughtful when filling specific wishes. Many foster children will feel worthy and special this holiday season because of Proforma.”
IDProductsource Helps Make Christmas Miracles Happen For Children In Need
IDProductsource (PPAI 384049, S6) has reached a new record in its collection of unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots. In addition to toys, cash donations topped $285.
- This is the company’s sixth year of partnering with Toys For Tots.
- The company says it’s proud to be part of such a worthy cause that distributes up to 19 million toys to 7.3 million less fortunate children, allowing them to experience the joy of Christmas and receive a message of hope that they otherwise would not have.
GAPPP Announces 2024 Board Of Directors
Georgia Association Of Promotional Products Professionals (GAPPP) welcomes its 2024 Board of Directors, whose terms begin January 1, 2024.
- The Board has selected the following directors to serve on the Executive Committee: Alex Bradley, CAS, president; Jessica Terepka, CAS, vice president; Chris Clark, MAS, treasurer; and Glynis Holihan, secretary.
- At Large Directors are: Shawn LaFave, MAS; Frankie Gashler, CAS; Jeff Franklin, MAS and Amy Rabideau, MAS.
- Miles Wadsworth will serve as immediate past president.
- GAPPP Board of Directors serve a three-year term with the option to run again to serve another three years (the maximum number of consecutive years to serve is six.)