PromoWire (10/23-10/25): Notes And News Releases From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries submitted by any member organization.)
State Senator Linda Holmes Tours Fully Promoted During St. Charles Visit
Franchise owner Michelle Bottino and her team at Fully Promoted (PPAI 455336, D2) in St. Charles, Illinois, were treated to a visit from Illinois State Senator Linda Holmes during a tour of local businesses last week.
- Sen. Holmes was in town to learn more about the needs of small businesses in the community. During her visit, she toured the new Fully Promoted facility and learned about Bottino and her team as well as what they do. She and Bottino also discussed the impact of legislature on businesses like Fully Promoted.
“It was an honor to have been selected by the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce for this visit. I am ever grateful for the support of our local community,” says Bottino.
PCA Hires Ian Brudenell As National Sales Manager
Pen Company of America (PCA) (PPAI 113946, S5) has added industry veteran Ian Brudenell to its team as national sales manager.
- Brudenell will represent PCA, All American Writing Instruments (AAWI) and Garland brands and will be responsible for bringing new awareness to the brands, supporting key accounts and continuing the company’s growth.
- He brings over 15 years of industry experience including eight years at HPG as national sales executive and inside sales executive. He was also previously account manager at Staples Print and Promo, managed his own small distributorship and served as a director on the Northwest Promotional Marketing Association’s (NWPMA) board for six years.
“I could not be happier about my new role as national sales manager at PCA. From the moment I met the team, I knew it was going to be a perfect fit,” Brudenell says. “I am excited to be a part of the future growth of the company. In a time where so many suppliers are going overseas, I am humbled to be a part of a true, all-American company with a rich history and reputation.”
VP of Sales Colleen Shea adds, “We are thrilled to have Ian join our team. His experience in the promotional industry and specifically his expertise in the writing instrument category is the ideal combination for us. There are many exciting, innovative opportunities on the horizon now that Ian is on board.”
Stran & Company Wins Six-Figure, Multi-Year Contract With Medical Group
Stran & Company (PPAI 161542, D10) has secured a six-figure annual contract with a leading medical group specializing in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, nutrition and digestive health. The customer has over 200 locations throughout the U.S. and more than 3,000 employees
- As part of the contract, Stran will launch a marketing program as well as provide holiday gifts, doctor recruitment gifts and new hire kits to the customer’s employees to support loyalty and incentivize employees. In addition, Stran will launch a custom e-commerce store for the customer where employees can easily access and purchase branded products while providing a seamless experience for both the customer and their employees.
- The contract is for three years and estimated to provide six figures in annual spending, with the potential to grow over time as the customer increases its presence and locations around the U.S.
“We are proud to secure another meaningful contract in the healthcare sector,” says Andy Shape, Stran’s CEO. “We believe this contract further demonstrates our ability to fully support our customers, as this client consolidated from three promotional product vendors to one, Stran. In addition, they are in a significant growth phase where they intend to increase locations, employees and revenue and we intend to continue to support their needs as their demand increases. We look forward to working closely with the customer to ensure a smooth program launch and leverage our capabilities to support their growth initiatives.”