Koozie Group, IMAGEN Brands Highlight Sustainability Accomplishments In Annual Report
Koozie Group (PPAI 114187, S13) and its sister company IMAGEN Brands (PPAI 114197, S10) – Koozie Group acquired IMAGEN Brands in December 2020 – have released their “Keep It. Give It. Annual Report,” which outlines their social impact and sustainability commitment.
Keep It. Give It.
Clearwater, Florida-headquartered Koozie Group debuted its Keep It. Give It. program in January 2021. The initiative represents a social impact and sustainability commitment aligned with the supplier’s mission to “keep the good going” by leaving a positive, lasting impact with the solutions and experiences it delivers.
The Keep It. Give It. program focuses on four key areas:
- Fostering diversity, equity and inclusion
- Giving back to employees and community
- Safety and social responsibility
- Environmental stewardship
The annual report recaps year-end highlights in these areas and outlines future goals.
Some of the accomplishments in 2022 that the companies highlighted in their report include:
- Donating over $750,000 to more than 100 nonprofit organizations, including direct support to charities chosen by employees.
- Earning Forest Stewardship Council certifications for all domestic facilities and Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification for the Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, facility – more than 450 products are made with paper from certified mills.
- Improving work-life balance for nonexempt employees by offering flexible work schedules, more diverse shifts and shift differentials, along with launching a voluntary overtime model.
- 70%+ (1,800+) of Koozie Group products now carry the KG Factor designation, identifying items with a high likelihood of being kept or gifted as determined by an impartial survey of end users.
- 1,000+ products are made, printed or assembled in the U.S., reducing the overall carbon footprint.
- 100+ products made with recycled or renewable resources.
Earlier this year, Koozie Group and IMAGEN Brands announced a goal to become carbon neutral on Scope 1 – direct emissions that occur from sources that are controlled or owned by an organization – and Scope 2 – indirect emissions associated with the purchase of electricity, steam, heat or cooling – emissions, as defined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, by the end of 2024.
Other large-scale goals the company continues to work toward include:
- Starting to measure Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Working toward affiliation status with Fair Labor Association.
“It’s great to see cross-functional support for our Keep It. Give It. program,” says Pierre Montaubin, chief product and sustainability officer. “Last year we met some big milestones, including exceeding our KG Factor goal over a year early. We’ve laid an excellent foundation over the last few years, and I’m excited for the next 24 months as we strive to hit our carbon-neutral and Fair Labor Association objectives.”