S&S Activewear Adds 200,000-Square-Foot Facility In Ohio
S&S Activewear (PPAI 256121, S12) will be opening up a new distribution center in West Chester Township, Ohio in 2022.
• The distribution center will be located in West Chester Township, Ohio, just outside of Cincinnati.
• It is a 200,000-square-foot facility.
• The company hopes the new facility will improve its ability to serve the customer base in the region as well as reduce pressure on other facilities.
• S&S plans to open the warehouse at some point in Q3 and have full shipping operations in Q4.
• S&S Activewear was acquired by a private equity firm in early 2021.
• Since that time, the company has announced numerous large acquisitions.
• Upon completion, the facility will result in 4.3 million square-feet of warehouse space across North America.
• The company project 175 jobs will be created as a result of the new distribution center.
What They’re Saying:
• “This facility is a significant investment in our future and underscores our commitment to providing best-in-class service and product availability to our customers in the Midwest and the Eastern United States," says Frank Myers, president of S&S Activewear. “By creating transportation efficiencies, the West Chester Township facility also allows us to reduce our carbon impact in the region.”
• “S&S is committed to providing a high quality of life for our employees,” says Jim Shannon, CEO of S&S Activewear. “We believe that by investing in our employees, we can attract and retain the best talent in the industry.”