SAGE’s Total Access Database Passes 1 Million Products
SAGE’s Total Access product database has crossed the 1 million verified product mark. Addison, Texas-based SAGE is an industry service provider of information, marketing, and business management solutions and PPAI technology partner.
The Database: SAGE Advantage Member suppliers are encouraged to verify product information and pricing. Product information and pricing can be verified through the SAGE Supplier Center in real-time, or through SAGE’s Bulk Product Update and real-time APIs.
- Verified products feature a Verified by Supplier icon, telling distributors that data and pricing are up-to-date and accurate.
- More than 80% of active products in the database are verified.
- Verified products are popular with distributors and have an increased chance of showing up first in search results.
In Their Words: David Natinsky, MAS, president of SAGE, says, “With the supply chain issues and market fluctuations we’ve been seeing that are not likely to be resolved in the immediate future, the ability for suppliers to verify their product data and for distributors to be able to rely on that data’s accuracy for their customers is paramount for our industry. We are thrilled to have reached a million verified products in our database, and we will continue to work with our suppliers to ensure that as many products in our database as possible remain verified.”
Background: As suppliers have expanded SAGE’s verified product listings, distributors have been increasingly active on the site, as detailed in the company’s Q1 global statistical report, released in April.
- January, February and March all resulted in substantially more total product searches by distributors than the same months in 2021
- March’s 1.42 million searches came very close to the pre-pandemic March of 2019, which had 1.43 million searches