PromoWire (9/7-9/11): Notes And News Releases From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries submitted by any member organization.)
Tanya McKinney Named Director Of Business Development At Boundless
Boundless Network (PPAI 267078, D11) has hired Tanya McKinney as director of business development. After a noteworthy period of growth and accomplishment, Boundless is making strategic investments in top talent and infrastructure, the company says.
- McKinney, a seasoned industry professional, has built a stellar reputation over the course of her career. In her new role, she will work with the Boundless sales team to develop new business and engage with industry sales professionals and distributor owners who are interested in partnering with Boundless.
“Tanya brings a wealth of sales expertise, and we’re excited to marry her exceptional skill set with the talents of our dedicated Boundless Sales Partners to cultivate and secure new accounts. With Tanya on board, we’re confident that our client portfolio will continue to expand and thrive,” says Pat Barry, EVP of sales.
McKinney says, “I am excited to join the Boundless team and contribute to the growth and success of this dynamic company. Boundless’ commitment to innovation and collaborative corporate culture aligns with my own values, and I look forward to helping them reach new heights in the promotional products industry.”
World Emblem Introduces Expedited Turn Times Service
World Emblem, now offers its Expedited Turn Times Service for repeat orders of two types of emblems: embroidered and FlexStyle.
- The service is available for a small convenience fee; production of embroidered emblems takes one business day, FlexStyle takes three business days.
- Customers can expect the usual high-quality standards; however, if the rush deadline is not met, the order fee and the convenience fee are refunded. The service is not available for new orders with unapproved artwork or molds.
Les Love Joins Arch Promo Group
Arch Promo Group (PPAI 820951, S6) has added Les Love, CAS, as midwestern sales manager.
- Love will be responsible for meeting and supporting regional distributors throughout the Midwest, introducing the Arch family of brands to all and attending industry events.
- Steven Meyer, MAS, national sales manager, says that Love’s new responsibilities are another example of change and growth at Arch.
“His 17 years of experience as a distributor sets him apart from most supplier reps and his understanding of the distributor side of the business makes his voice valuable.”
Meyer adds, “As we continue to grow, adding new suppliers and focusing on U.S.- made/decorated product, yet happily not mashing everyone into one way of doing business, we’re finding out that both our new brands as well as their long-time loyal customers appreciate and feel great about joining or working with Arch.”
“Meeting our distributor friends on their turf, doing everything possible to support their position as creative resources for their customers and helping them grow their business and profits is at the top of my list,” says Love.
Tempelmeyer And Matchak Take On New Roles At Fully Promoted
Fully Promoted (PPAI 240143, D7) has promoted Kurt Tempelmeyer to national operations director and George Matchak to director of product strategy.
- Tempelmeyer will spearhead vendor relations strategy, liaise vendor updates with Fully Promoted business advisors, and oversee deal negotiations that will benefit the overall brand and its franchise owners. He joined the company two years ago as a business advisor and most recently was national operations manager.
- Matchak will be responsible for the execution of enterprise-wide processes including technology, logistics, research methods and sales results. He will also facilitate brand sponsorships and providing vendor support for over 300.
Fully Promoted franchises and 150 salespeople worldwide. This new role is a seamless transition for the 23-year industry veteran who has spent five years with the company in various support and operations roles.
“Kurt and George are invaluable members of our leadership team at Fully Promoted and their promotions reflect their passion and dedication to our brand,” says President Andrew Titus. “As Fully Promoted continues on an upward growth trajectory, we are happy to have both Kurt and George in these elevated positions to help spearhead key initiatives and important areas of our business.”
New MLRs To Rep Galaxy In Midwest And West
Galaxy - More Than Balloons (PPAI 113835, S7) has appointed two new multi-line agencies to represent the company’s product line.
- Bridge Marketing will cover the Midwest territory, including Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas and Missouri.
- West Coast Branded Solutions will cover the Western territory of California, Nevada, Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
A Woman’s View Webinar To Focus On Importing
This month, iPROMOTEu’s (PPAI 218870, D12) A Woman’s View 2023 Webinar Series spotlights perspectives from industry experts on how promo distributors can benefit from importing solutions, including developing custom products and working with trusted partners.
- The free webinar, Opportunities with Importing: Understanding How Importing Can Grow Your Bottom Line, While Offering Creative Solutions for Your Clients, takes place on September 13 from 9:30 – 10:30 am PT / 12:30 – 1:30 pm ET. All women in the promotional products industry are invited.
- Featured speakers are Scott Edidin, co-founder of 6AM Sourcing; Zack Harvey, director of sales with BamBams, LLC; Catherine Kruse, vice president of global sourcing solutions with iPROMOTEu; Jennifer Mason, import sales manager with Source Hit; and Roger Remo, executive vice president of sales with Creating Brand Legacy Worldwide. The session will be moderated by A Woman’s View Advisory Council members, Brittany Smith, president and CEO, and Jennifer Laret, vice president, both of A4 Promotions and Incentives.
- Register here: https://bit.ly/3Le9ZPJ
Registration Opens For commonsku’s skuconX
commonsku (PPAI 552077, A1) has opened registration for skuconX scheduled on Sunday, January 14, 2024 in Las Vegas.
- skuconX is in its tenth season of bringing teams together to be inspired, challenged and pushed to dream bigger and reach higher.
- The 2024 conference features talks from some of the most inspirational leaders, including keynote speaker and experience expert Joey Coleman, author of Never Lose A Customer Again, plus a lineup of the most progressive industry voices today, including Jeremy Lott, SanMar; Jonathan G. Isaacson, Gemline; Denise Taschereau, Fairware; Danny Rosin, Brand Fuel; Kate Hallett, Harper + Scott; Andrea Stoll, Touchstone; Brian Duran, Media Tree; Isaac Hetzroni, Imprint Genius; Reba Joy, Rightsleeve; Kate Nash, Raining Rose; Kirby Hasseman, Hasseman Marketing & Communications.
“This is an extra special event for us this year because we’re not only bringing new voices and an experience expert like Joey Coleman to the stage, but we’re bringing back a few of the original voices who spoke at our very first skucon,” says Mark Graham, commonsku’s president and chief brand officer.