PromoWire (9/25-9/27): Notes And News Releases From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries submitted by any member organization.)
Delta Apparel Brand’s Specialty Tee To Benefit Hawaii Wildfire Relief
Salt Life, the performance and lifestyle brand from Delta Apparel (PPAI 188431, S9), has created a specialty giveback t-shirt to help people affected by the Hawaii wildfire.
- The gross profit of $18 from the sale of each shirt will go directly to the American Red Cross, offering aid, food and shelter to those impacted by the fires.
- The tee features a Banyan tree, a coastal scene and the phrase “Maui Strong.” The Banyan tree design commemorates the 150-year-old Banyan located in the heart of the historic community of Lahaina which sustained significant damage in the blaze, but is expected to make a full recovery. It can be purchased on www.SaltLife.com.
“Our hearts are with the people of Maui as they navigate this devastating tragedy,” says Jeff Stillwell, president of Salt Life. “The island serves as a constant source of inspiration for the Salt Life brand, as well as home base for many of our customers and team members. We are hopeful that the funds raised for the American Red Cross through our Maui Strong give back tee will help provide food and shelter to countless individuals during the difficult days ahead.”
Inkcups’ Eco-Friendly Pad Printing Ink, Solvent And Hardner Earn Top Certification
Inkcups (PPAI 464978, S1) announces that its SB Eco Series Pad Printing Ink and two other products have achieved Oeko-Tex Eco Passport ZDHC Level 3 Certification demonstrating the supplier’s commitment to environmental responsibility and safety. The achievement is a result of rigorous assessments across three key levels:
- Level 1: The products excel in analytical testing, supported screening and undergo a comprehensive SDS review of relevant MRSL substance information.
- Level 2: Conformance is ensured by successfully passing an assessment of the associated management systems.
- Level 3: The products successfully pass an onsite assessment to evaluate chemical hazard capabilities.
The entire collection of eco-friendly pad printing inks in the SB Eco Series, as well as the EB Solvent and 1000HNX Hardener, are among the certified Level 3 products.
The company says that with achieving this certification, Inkcups customers can take pride in the knowledge that these products adhere to the highest standards, driving the entire industry forward on its sustainable journey.
Cintas Reports Revenue Increase For 2024 First Quarter
Cintas (PPAI 303547, D12) has reported results for its fiscal 2024 first quarter that ended August 31.
- Revenue for the first quarter was $2.34 billion compared to $2.17 billion in last year’s first quarter, an increase of 8.1%. The organic revenue growth rate for the first quarter of fiscal 2024, which adjusts for the impacts of acquisitions and foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations, was also 8.1%.
- Gross margin for Q1 was $1.14 billion compared to $1.03 billion in last year’s first quarter, an increase of 11%. Gross margin as a percentage of revenue was 48.7% for the first quarter of fiscal 2024 compared to 47.5% in last year's first quarter, an increase of 120 basis points.
- Operating income for the period increased 13.7% to $500.6 million compared to $440.1 million in last year's first quarter. Operating income as a percentage of revenue was 21.4% in the first quarter of fiscal 2024 compared to 20.3% in last year's first quarter.
- Net income was $385.1 million compared to $351.7 million in last year's first quarter.
Todd M. Schneider, Cintas’ president and chief executive officer, says he’s pleased with the results. “Our operating segments continue to execute at a high level, leading to robust volume growth and a record high operating margin of 21.4%. These financial results are the product of the exceptional dedication of our employee-partners in helping businesses across North America stay focused on the work that matters most through innovative products and services. I look forward to another successful fiscal year."