PromoWire (6/1-6/5): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
Kaeser & Blair Announces Leadership Team Promotions
Kaeser & Blair (103148 , D12) has announced promotions within its leadership team to propel the company for future growth.
- Scott Baker has been appointed chief operating officer.
Baker began his career at Kaeser & Blair in 1998 and has been responsible for building and managing the technological infrastructure of the systems. Baker has been instrumental in developing operational policies and has been involved in all internal departments with a vision for the future state of the operation.
- Liza Sachs has been appointed chief revenue officer.
Sachs has been in the promotional products industry with suppliers and distributors since 1996. With her extensive background, she has the ideal vision of what is needed to ensure a successful partnership for the future growth of Kaeser & Blair. She began her career with Kaeser & Blair in 2022 as director of sales and has expanded the role and will now oversee all sales, marketing, publications and supplier relations.
HALO Draws 600-Plus To National Sales Meeting
HALO (PPAI 106462, D16) hosted its national sales meeting – Breakthrough Summit 2023 – on May 21-24 at the iconic Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- More than 600 industry professionals attended the event.
- Highlights included small group Impression Sessions with key HALO preferred suppliers, training on HALO’s exclusive sales tools and a trade show with 166 of HALO’s Preferred Suppliers exhibiting.
HALO CEO Marc Simon, says, “This was a highly successful week, where our sales team, suppliers and staff came together to celebrate, renew our sense of community, and grasp the power of HALO’s tools and services. Whether they were one of our first-time attendees, some of whom were brand-new to HALO, or one of the 149 million-dollar plus producers with decades of HALO experience, attendees left energized and prepared for a big second half of the year.”
Sky High Marketing Opens New York City Offices
Sky High Marketing, (PPAI 358169, D6), with offices in Las Vegas and Milwaukee, has opened an office in New York City.
- The New York location will allow for better servicing of its existing East Coast clients and increase its footprint to gain new clients on the East Coast.
- Industry veteran Debbie Gaspar has joined Sky High’s team as chief revenue officer.
“Debbie has been tasked with helping to continue our revenue growth with a focus on bringing in new clients on the East Coast and within New York City specifically. I am very excited to see our East Coast business grow under Debbie’s direction. We are ready to make additional investments necessary to service our clients in that part of the country,” says CEO Josh Kozinski.
Distributors Can Now Source TUMI Products From St Regis Group
In a new partnership between The St Regis Group (PPAI 230188, S6) and TUMI (PPAI 286986, S3), St Regis will become a supplier for a select range of TUMI premium bags, backpacks and luggage in Canada and the U.S.
“TUMI is a cherished international brand, and we are thrilled to introduce their line of products to our customers,” says Richard Firkser, president and CEO of the St Regis Group. “TUMI brings exceptional quality and high-performance products to our growing collection of bags, backpacks, and now luggage.”
June 2, 2023
Ennis Acquires UMC Print
Ennis (PPAI 109056, D4) has acquired the operating assets of UMC Print in Overland Park, Kansas.
- UMC Print has been a leading trade-only printer and provider of commercial printing services since 1936. As one of the largest sheet-fed commercial printers in the area, UMC Print’s capabilities serve a wide range of distributors and trade sales organizations throughout the Midwest and beyond.
- Upon closing, UMC Print will continue its normal operations at its Kansas location.
“The addition of UMC Print continues our commitment to adding strategic locations and capabilities to drive growth with our distributor partners,” says Keith Walters, chairman, president & CEO of Ennis, Inc. “For more than 85 years, UMC Print has been serving this same industry.”
June 1, 2023
Stran & Company Completes Acquisition of T R Miller Co.
Stran & Company (PPAI 161542, D10) has completed its acquisition of the assets and business of T R Miller Co., Inc., a 47-year-old distributor whose unaudited revenue for its fiscal year ended 2022 was approximately $19 million.
- T R Miller’s 20,000 square-foot state-of-the-art decoration, fulfillment and distribution center in Walpole, Massachusetts, will enhance Stran’s operational and fulfillment capabilities.
- Tom Miller, founder and CEO of T R Miller, will continue to be involved under a consulting agreement, along with Stacy Miller, who will be Stran’s VP of integration and sales development.
- The transaction marks Stran’s fourth acquisition since the start of 2022.
Stran President and CEO Andy Shape says, “The acquisition of T R Miller marks a significant milestone for Stran as it once again illustrates our scalable, accretive and synergistic M&A strategy. T R Miller brings a deep bench of skilled employees, as well as a proven track record of delivering quality products, innovative ideas and reliable services.”
IMAGEN Brands Continues Sponsorship Of 4 Paws For Ability
After donating more than $17,000 to 4 Paws for Ability in 2022, IMAGEN Brands (PPAI 114197, S10) announces that it is continuing its sponsorship through the end of 2023.
- One percent of stock plush sales will be donated to the organization when customers use reference code PLUSHGB23.
- 4 Paws for Ability is an organization that has placed more than 1,500 highly specialized service dogs with those in need since 1998. Their dogs help veterans, children and other individuals with autism, diabetes, epilepsy, mobility issues and more.
- As a result of its ongoing support, IMAGEN Brands was able to sponsor and name a litter of puppies born on April 28 that will become highly trained service dogs for the organization.
Facilisgroup Hosts Platinum Elite Trip In Mexico
Facilisgroup (PPAI 493664, A00) recently hosted its highly anticipated Platinum Elite Trip at the luxurious Secrets Moxché resort in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.
- The event brought together nearly 70 exceptional salespeople, several top suppliers and members of the Facilisgroup staff and their guests for five days and four nights in tropical paradise.
- The gathering of top performers (who combine for over $150 million in annual sales) created an environment of shared knowledge and collaboration, empowering participants to take their businesses to new heights.
Toddy Gear Launches U.S.-Made Golf Club Covers
Toddy Gear (PPAI 516677, S6) unveils its latest line of promotional golf accessories: Featherlite™ Golf Club Covers combining the premium Featherlite™ material with unprecedented decoration options, including full-color custom graphics on all three panels.
- The FLT017 Featherlite™ Club Cover protects irons and wedges, while the FLT018 Featherlite™ Driver Club Cover safeguards drivers and woods.
- Both covers feature a design that wraps and hugs the clubs, and they weigh only a fraction of traditional club covers.