PromoWire (5/23-5/24): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
May 24, 2023
American Solutions For Business Partners With 4over To Create Print 101
American Solutions for Business (PPAI 101656, D12) and industry supplier, 4over, have combined efforts to create Print 101, an educational print site designed to help learners broaden their revenue base by offering simple, online print courses.
- The site was created to diversify and add print services to meet the increasing demand of print since the pandemic. With four modules of short videos that can be completed at the user’s own paces, the certification is feasible for anyone in sales and home office teams.
- Topics range from creating business cards and ordering banners, to ordering EDM full service and file prepping.
“I’ve gone through the training myself and found the modules to be informative, comprehensive and easy to digest,” says Amy Spychalla, VP of strategic operations support for ASB. “It’s exciting to see our sales associates and support staff expanding their knowledge across all product categories, including print.”
May 23, 2023
Proforma’s VP of Technology Inspires the Next Generation of Technologists
Michael LaPlante, vice president of technology at Proforma (PPAI 196835, D13), was recently a speaker on a series of panels designed for technology students at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.
- The university’s “Behind the Scenes” tour speakers were alumni selected for their expertise and noteworthy contributions in their respective industries.
- LaPlante presented a well-rounded executive overview of the technology world and his role at Proforma where he manages the development of exclusive in-house software development projects.
- He has served on the Full Sail University Advisory Committee since 2018.
“It is a special thing to be able to influence students who are currently sitting where I used to be,” says LaPlante. “I hope that by hearing about all the accomplishments we have achieved at Proforma and learning about the immense opportunities out there for them, the technologists of tomorrow will be inspired to keep moving forward.”
Next Level Apparel Introduces New Vintage T-Shirt Collection
Next Level Apparel (PPAI 272027, S3) premiers a new product line that promises a perfect fit for those the wearer and for the environment.
- The Soft Wash 3600SW Unisex T-shirt, part of NLA’s new Vintage Collection, is made using a proprietary wash and dye process that is more eco-friendly when compared to apparel lines that use a garment pigment-dye process.
- The initial launch consists of 12 vintage-inspired colors. Subsequent additions to the Soft Wash Collection will be available in 2024.
“Everyone has a favorite T-shirt that they love … it’s the one that’s been worn and washed so many times that it’s super-soft, broken in and slightly faded in all the right places. There’s something remarkably familiar about our 3600SW cotton T-shirt because although it’s new, it feels like you’ve worn it many times before,” says NLA’s President, Mike Alexander.
Ennis, Inc. Acquires Stylecraft Printing
Ennis, Inc. (PPAI 109056, D4) has acquired the real estate and operating assets of Stylecraft Printing Company in Canton, Michigan.
- Stylecraft is a trade only printer since 1967 specializing in business forms, integrated products and commercial printing.
- Upon closing, Stylecraft will continue its normal operations at its current locations.
“We are thrilled to bring Stylecraft and its experienced employees into the Ennis family of companies,” says Keith Walters, chairman, president & CEO of Ennis. “The addition of Stylecraft expands our product lines and geographical footprint, as well as adds a well-known brand that has been serving the distributor channel for more than 50 years. The acquisition of Stylecraft continues our strategy of adding quality companies to serve our customers and create return for our shareholders.”