PromoWire (4/18-4/19): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
April 19, 2023
Cap America Donates to Boy Scouts of America
Cap America (PPAI 111597, S10) recently made a $10,000 donation to the Boy Scouts of America’s Ozark Trailblazers District of the Greater St. Louis Area Council. The funds will be used to support Scouts in Madison, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Washington, Iron, and Reynolds counties.
- The funds will be used to provide an afterschool Cub Scout program at Fredericktown Intermediate school in the fall of 2023. This donation ensures that students’ registration fees and materials are provided for the program.
- This donation will also go to scholarships and camperships for local scouts within the Ozark Trailblazers District.
Hirsch Partners With Six Retail Brands
Hirsch (PPAI 221823, S10) has recently formed strategic partnerships with retail brands Cuisinart, Victor, Gerber, Coleman, Flickr Fire, and a promotional products industry exclusive relationship with personal, portable blender creator, Blendi.
- This strategic move highlights the supplier’s continued commitment to filling category gaps outside technology and drinkware by expanding merchandise offerings to new and underserved vertical markets.
April 18, 2023
Vantage Apparel Donates Its 1% For The Planet Pledge To Clean Ocean Action
Vantage Apparel (PPAI 113235, S10) has donated its 1% For The Planet pledge from sales of the company’s sustainable Earthwise Collection to Clean Ocean Action, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting marine life and the ocean environment.
- In just three years, the Earthwise styles, made with premium Repreve recycled fiber, have kept more than one million post-consumer plastic bottles from entering landfills and oceans.
- Vantage Apparel President Ira Neaman, MAS, Senior Vice President Eric Wukitsch and Director of Marketing Gina Barreca personally delivered the donation to Clean Ocean Action’s Long Branch, New Jersey, headquarters.
Links Unlimited Adds New Luxury Brands
Links Unlimited (PPAI 375603, S1) has announced brand additions to its portfolio:
- Stitch Golf
“Building strategic relationships with a variety of premium retail brands strengthens our message that we do provide The Best Brands,” said Scott Kooken, president and co-founder of Links Unlimited. “We are pleased to be able to distribute them to the corporate market. They are great for all your promotional, incentive and event gifting needs!”