PromoWire (3/30-4/3): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
April 3, 2023
Stran & Company Promotes David Browner To Chief Financial Officer
Stran & Company (PPAI 161542, D10) has promoted David Browner to chief financial officer, effective March 27, 2023.
- Browner was previously appointed to the position of interim chief financial officer on July 29, 2022.
- Browner is a long-serving manager of Stran’s financial operations with experience and background in accounting, finance and business. Prior to his appointment as Stran’s interim chief financial officer in July 2022, Browner had served as Stran’s controller since July 2021.
- “We have witnessed his management, operational and financial skills and appreciate his significant contributions to the company’s growth and integration of several acquisitions,” says, Andy Shape, president and CEO of Stran. “Given his long relationship with the company and background, we believe David is a valued member of our leadership team, as we execute on our near and long-term growth strategy with a focus on maximizing operational efficiency.”
alphabroder Launches “One-Stop-Solution”
- The updated alphabroder.com will combine alphabroder (PPAI 156993, S16) and Prime Line’s full assortment and allows distributors and decorators to order apparel and promotional products blank or decorated in one place.
- alphabroder's goal in creating its enhanced One-Stop Solution is to give its customers one place for all their blank and decorated apparel and promotional product needs. The updated alphabroder.com will allow customers to decorate any promotional product through alphabroder’s online decoration configurator.
- “alphabroder is committed to evolving to better serve our customers and partners,” said Dan Pantano, president and CEO of alphabroder. “The enhanced alphabroder.com will streamline the ordering process in a way that hasn’t been done before.”
March 31, 2023
Vantage Apparel Launches New Marketing Campaign
Vantage Apparel (PPAI 113235, S10) has put a new spin on the traditional approach to providing customer marketing support with its video series, Behind the Logo.
- The new campaign uses storytelling and real-world examples to showcase the wealth of apparel opportunities in an entertaining and easily relatable fashion.
- “Behind the Logo is more than a campaign. It's a passion project that speaks to the deeper meaning and true value of branded apparel,” says Whitney Robinson, strategic marketer and content lead on the campaign. “I’m excited to share what these inspiring stories have to offer. It'll be quite the journey.”
- View the trailer here.
AIA Kicks Off 2023 Regional Meeting Events
AIA Corporation (PPAI 101364, D12) is hosting a series of regional meetings designed to bring together owners, select MVP suppliers and AIA leadership for a day and a half of collaboration, education and exclusive supplier access.
- “Our regional meetings focus on three key benefits to our owners. First, it creates opportunities for our owners to connect and collaborate with each other on topics important to their business,” said Rich Berg, senior vice president of owner success. “Second, it provides an opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes view of some of our industry's largest suppliers, creating a deeper understanding of how to work together better to achieve mutual success. And finally, the collective insights gained throughout the event helps our owners define ways to increase their competitive advantage and better serve their customers, leading to increased sales and profits.”
Ennis Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
Keith S. Walters, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Ennis Inc. (PPAI 109056, D4), announced that theboard of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of 25 cents ($0.25) per share on its common stock.
- The dividend is payable May 8, 2023, to shareholders of record on April 17, 2023.