PromoWire (2/5-2/7): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries submitted by any member organization.)
BAG MAKERS Hires Shelley Bednarski As Regional Business Development Manager
Shelley Bednarski has joined the sales team at BAG MAKERS (PPAI 111408, S11) – the No. 23 supplier in the inaugural PPAI 100 – as a regional business development manager. Her sales territory includes Alabama, Mississippi and northern Florida.
- Bednarski brings more than 20 years of factory and multi-line sales experience to her new role. Most recently, she was an outside sales executive for SnugZ USA, where she earned the Rookie of the Year award in 2018. Prior to that, she held sales positions at Chocolate Inn/Taylor & Grant, Vantage Apparel, In Stepp Marketing and Multiline Marketing Group.
- She is currently president of Gold Coast Promotional Products Association (GCPPA) and previously served the regional association as director, treasurer and vice president. Bednarski also has provided leadership for Promotional Products Association of Florida (PPAF) as director, treasurer and president.
Proforma VP Of Technology Inducted Into University Hall of Fame
Michael LaPlante, vice president of technology at Proforma (PPAI 196835, D13), has been chosen as one of six inductees into Full Sail University’s Hall of Fame for 2024.
- LaPlante has been a member of the Full Sail University Advisory Committee since 2018. With over 14 years of industry experience, this prestigious recognition underscores his significant impact in the technology sector and dedication to mentoring the next generation of emerging leaders.
“Giving back to the university has always been a passion of mine,” says LaPlante. “Being inducted into the Full Sail University Hall of Fame is a tremendous honor and a privilege. Collaborating with students and fellow alumni provides an excellent opportunity to gain new perspectives, and that has been invaluable to me and my team.”
CleggPROMO Unveils New Line Of Acrylic Video-Enhanced Awards
CleggPROMO (PPAI 111692, S5) launched CleggAWARDS, a new line of 3D acrylic awards featuring integrated video displays, at the recent PPAI Expo in Las Vegas.
- CleggAWARDS feature full-color imprinting and integrate video displays showcasing personalized messages, athlete reels or company videos.
- Available in six standard styles that are fully customizable, the awards can be ordered individually and come with up to five minutes of high-quality multimedia content powered by a rechargeable battery.