PromoWire (2/2-2/6): News And Notes From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
February 6, 2023
CPPA Inducts Jay Shaplin Into CPPA Hall Of Fame
The Chesapeake Promotional Products Association (CPPA) announced that Jay Shaplin was inducted into the CPPA Hall of Fame during the 16th Annual Peake Awards Ceremony on February 1.
- The CPPA Hall of Fame originated in 2007 and was designed to recognize individuals that make an outstanding and lasting contribution to the regional association as well as to the promotional products industry.
CPPA Honors Regional Award Recipients
The Chesapeake Promotional Products Association (CPPA) honored regional performers at the annual Peake Awards Ceremony on February 1. Here is the full list of this year’s honorees.
- Distributor Internal Support Person of the Year – Shelby Brown (API Source, Inc.)
- Supplier Internal Support Person of The Year – Joelle Puderbaugh (Hit Promotional Products)
- Distributor Sales Representative of the Year – Madeleine Schroeher (SpecWorks, Inc.)
- Supplier Sales Representative of the Year – Tony Limetti (Ariel Premium Supply)
- The John Bennis Memorial Multi-Line Representative of the Year – Tim Rosica (Rosica Marketing)
- CPPA Rising Star – Madi Evens (Sonic Promos)
- The Peake Aware (Volunteer of the Year) – Tracey Therres (Apex Advertising)
- Hall of Fame – Jay Shaplin (Sonic Promos)
- Distributor of the Year – Target Marketing Group
- Supplier of the Year – Polyconcept NA
Excellent in Promotions Campaign Winners:
- BRONZE WINNER – Sales Incentive Programs – Mark Fitzpatrick (Keepsake Box USA)
- SILVER WINNER – Business to Business Program – Cliff Quicksell, Jr., MAS+ (Cliff Quicksell Associates)
- GOLD WINNER – Business to Business Program – Cliff Quicksell, Jr., MAS+ (Cliff Quicksell Associates)
- SILVER WINNER – Goodwill Programs, Mailers – Mallory Scott (Sonic Promos)
- SILVER WINNER – Goodwill Programs, Calendars – Mallory Scott (Sonic Promos)
Social Imprints Launches New Sustainability Initiative
Social Imprints (PPAI 439827) has curated the world’s largest collection of eco-friendly promotional products, launched a tree planting program and is equipping customers with data and reporting to help them meet their sustainable development goals.
The Sustainability Initiative has three major components:
- Largest collection of eco-friendly products. Social Imprints’ carefully curated product catalog is the world’s largest collection of eco-friendly swag (apparel, bags, drinkware, tech and more).
- Tree-planting partnership through veritree. Social Imprints is partnering with veritree to regenerate the world’s forests and create jobs for planters. As part of the partnership, Social Imprints has pledged to plant 40,000 Mangrove trees (20 hectares) of forest in Mombasa, Kenya in 2023.
- Community Engagement Score for customers The Community Engagement Score represents a real-time comprehensive evaluation of each customer’s social and environmental impact. The scoring system measures a variety of factors including support for diverse vendors, eco-friendly product choices, jobs created, trees planted and more. It is intended to help clients gather the data to report as they strive to meet their SDG goals. Scores are accessible to SI customers through their customer portal.
The Magnet Group Promotes Two Sales Professionals
The Magnet Group (PPAI 338534, S11) has promoted Gigi Robles to regional inside sales lead for the West Coast and Angela Caldwell to regional inside sales lead for the Midwest states.
- Robles has been with TMG for over 10 years. Dave Glaser, TMG’s VP of field sales, says, “Gigi’s wealth of knowledge will be immediately impactful on her clients as her new role allows her to dig deeper into finding solutions for their projects.”
- Caldwell has been with TMG for 13 years. Glaser says, “Angela’s clients have come to appreciate her quick and accurate responses on projects during her tenure in customer service. These traits will help her excel in the sales world.”
ACS Affiliate Services Welcomes Paige Peugh to ACS Account Coordinator
ACS Affiliate Services has announced that Paige Peugh has joined the company’s Account Services team to support the distributor affiliate program with time-saving services, simplified daily processes and full business financing.
- In 2019, to answer the demand of AIM’s (PPAI 230461, D12) membership, ACS Affiliate Services was launched. Distributors now have access to extensive administrative support, marketing services, technology solutions, exclusive price advantages and full-order financing.
February 3, 2023
Koozie Group Invests In Digital Web Press
Koozie Group (PPAI 114187, S13) has installed a digital web press in its Sleepy Eye, Minnesota location.
- The new equipment is being used to print all the company’s Souvenir Sticky Note pads and scratch pads, along with select calendar styles.
- “Printing is moving into the digital age,” says Sleepy Eye Site Manager Jeff Ibberson. “As industry leaders in print-related categories, we’re always looking for ways to improve. The digital printing process comes with many benefits for customers, and we’re proud to be investing in our facility so we can remain on the forefront of the field.”
- One of the main benefits of the new press is color consistency. Customers will see consistent tints and colors across individual sheets as well as across each item within an entire order. Additionally, the ability to match color on reorders of products originally produced on this press is significantly increased.
February 2, 2023
PromoKitchen Board Of Directors Expands With Three New Chefs
PromoKitchen (PPAI 652237) has added three new board members (a.k.a. Chefs) to the organization’s leadership. Ashley Colautti (Spector and Co.), Stephen Musgrave (Genumark) and Kathy Cheng (Redwood Classics) join the nonprofit as it embarks upon its 11th year.
- Colautti, Musgrave and Cheng have been involved with PK as Sous Chefs, non-board-member volunteers who help manage and operate the organization’s mentorship and education programs. They were nominated to the board in the fall of 2022 and voted upon at the November 1 board meeting.
- Now at the Chef level, Colautti, Musgrave and Cheng have voting rights and will join the 14 other board members in creating the strategic direction of the group. Their three-year terms began January 1, 2023.