PromoWire (1/3-1/4): Notes And News Releases From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
January 5, 2023
SanMar Launches Brooks Brothers Collection
SanMar (PPAI 110788, S16) has entered an exclusive partnership with Brooks Brothers, adding 33 styles of wovens, knits, outerwear and accessories for both men and women.
- "Our Brooks Brothers launch will bring to our industry one of the most iconic names in American fashion," said Shelley Renning, vice president of merchandising at SanMar. "This partnership advances our commitment to continue offering apparel and accessories that resonate with consumers that appreciate quality, luxury apparel.”
- Established in 1818, Brooks Brothers is the oldest retailer in the United States and the first American brand to offer ready-to-wear tailored clothing.
Stran & Company Hires VP Of Operations
Stran & Company (PPAI 161542, D10) announced that promotional products industry veteran Nicole Brown has joined the management team in the role of VP of Operations, reporting to COO Sheila Johnshoy.
- Nicole Brown began working as a full-time contractor at Stran in August of 2022 to help project manage the implementation of NetSuite at Stran.
- In her new role as VP of Operations, Nicole will focus her efforts on updating Stran’s program management approach and offering as well as provide additional leadership in the areas of fulfillment & warehousing, purchasing, freight, and more.
- Nicole brings 15 years of promotional products industry experience and a keen understanding of program management which she has successfully built out at three top 40 distributors in the last 10 years.
SnugZ USA Launches New Tradeshow And Display Line
SnugZ USA (PPAI 112982, S11) has launched a new display and tradeshow line of products to include table covers, retractable banners, flags, tradeshow backdrops and canopies.
- All products are made with high quality materials, fully customizable dye-sublimated imprints and start at a minimum quantity of one-piece with five-day production time.
- VP Marketing Brandon Brown says, “We want to become your one-stop-shop for all your tradeshow needs. From the booth itself, to lanyards and badges and giveaway items. We also have a world class design team to help you customize a completely integrated look for whatever show or event you are exhibiting at.”
January 4, 2023
L2 Brands Acquires Ouray Sportswear from S&S Activewear
S&S Activewear (PPAI 256121, S12) and L2 Brands announced that L2 Brands has acquired Ouray Sportswear (PPAI 112927) and Locale Outdoor from S&S.
- S&S acquired Ouray as part of its acquisition of distributor TSC Apparel in 2021. L2 is well positioned to build on Ouray's recent success, as the business scales and expands into new product categories, geographies and end markets.
- “We are pleased to reach an agreement with L2 Brands, an ideal partner with the strategic capabilities and shared mission that will best position Ourayfor long-term success," said Frank Myers, CEO of S&S Activewear. “It has been a privilege to work alongside Ouray's talented team, particularly as the business has grown in partnership with S&S. We look forward to seeing all that the Ouray team will accomplish as they join L2, and we are excited to continue serving our customers as their distribution partner across North America.”
Fresh New Look For Fields Manufacturing
Fields Manufacturing (PPAI 111951, S8) has undergone a branding makeover with a fresh new look to reflect their fresh approach.
- Fields is the parent company to American Greenwood, Sprout Tyme, Better Life Line and additional past acquisitions.
- Andy Bertram, vice president of marketing, says, “The bright green color represents positivity, creativity, economy and trust. The teal dot represents inspiration like a lightbulb and its color serves as a symbol of commitment to our roots and dedication to our customers.”
- “The recent brand refresh speaks to our dedication to evolve with the world around us, keeping our values rooted in doing what’s best for our customers while challenging ourselves to ensure that the solutions we offer are meaningful, fresh and modern,” says Matt Wagner, vice president of sales.
January 3, 2023
SnugZ USA Launches Two New Partnerships
SnugZ USA (PPAI 112982, S11) announced exclusive partnerships with MPOWERD Inflatable Solar Powered Lighting Products and ZipSip.
- SnugZ has launched several new innovative solar powered products from MPOWERD into the promotional products industry. These innovative inflatable and solar powered items are lightweight, portable and packed full of power, and thoughtfully designed for everyday use.
- SnugZ also launched a new and exclusive product from ZipSip into the promotional products industry. ZipSip allows customers to perfectly insulate everything from a slim can to a solo cup.
- SnugZ continues to release new and exclusive products to the industry and recently acquired Sweda USA last year, which allows the company to sell a wide variety of product categories and continue rapid growth.
PromoStandards Announces Its Service Provider Committee
PromoStandards (PPAI 816699) introduces its new Service Provider Committee responsible for enhancing PromoStandards service provider members’ experience from the onboarding process to contributions to standards and best practices for service provider members.
- The long-term goals for the committee are to: ensure service provider members’ suggestions are elevated for discussion and consideration in the PromoStandards roadmap planning; foster a collaborative community of service provider members that help advance PromoStandards’ initiatives, ultimately upholding the non-profit’s values; and maintain an updated PromoStandards Service Provider Directory organized by capabilities and target markets.
- PromoStandards’ Service Provider Committee consists of the following professionals:
David Shultz, Chair – Vice President of Supplier Partnerships at commonsku
Catherine Graham, Board Liaison – CEO at commonsku
Bryony Zasman – Co-Founder at ZOOMcatalog
Chris Schlemmer – IT Management Executive at DistributorCentral
Kevin Jiang – Senior Vice President & CTO at Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI)
Sarah Goshgarian Unruh – Vice President of Business Development at OrderMyGear (OMG)
Dino Bangiorno – Managing Director at eXtendTech
Jason Alabaster – Vice President of Operations at Antera Software USA
Cap America Announces Two Promotions
Cap America (PPAI 111597, S10) has announced two promotions at the start of 2023.
- Rhiannon Marquis has been promoted to corporate sales supervisor. In this most recent role, Marquis will directly supervise and coordinate the roles of all order entry, customer service representatives, and account executives in the corporate sales division.
- Christina Dulaney has been promoted to quality assurance manager. In her new role, Dulaney will continue to oversee the QC and emblem departments and will add shipping and receiving to her direct reports. She will be responsible for working closely with the customer service department, embroidery supervisor, and shipping and receiving to ensure all orders are produced correctly and efficiently and shipped out in a timely manner.
BAG MAKERS Unveils New-For-2023 Products, Expanded Multi-Color Print Capabilities
BAG MAKERS (PPAI 111408, S10) announced the addition of more than 15 new products to its line-up for 2023.
- The new product collection includes USA-Made Non-Woven Totes, a R-PET Poly-Cotton Tote, Cotton Twill-Handle White Eurototes, a new stock Halloween Bag, and eco-friendly R-PET Non-Woven Totes, Cotton Twill-Handle Eco Eurototes, and Eco Die Cut Shoppers.
- The company is also introducing the new multi-color Chromatic imprint process for select paper shopper bags.
- Several new-for-2023 products were inspired by continuing customer interest in eco-friendly products and are made from recycled plastic bottles or recycled paper.