PromoWire (11/27-11/29): Notes And News Releases From Around The Promo Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of updates from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media will consider newsworthy entries submitted by any member organization.)
BDA Appoints Matt Ferrari As COO
Bensussen Deutsch & Associates (PPAI 109381, D14) has added Matt Ferrari as chief operating officer. He will oversee the distributor’s global operations, fulfillment centers, supplier partners and sales support.
- Ferrari has more than 15 years of experience in supply chain management with global brands, including 10 years with VF Corporation – most recently as VP, global supply chain for The North Face brand. Prior to that he held operational roles with Johnson & Johnson and was with Timberland.
“Matt is completely dialed into the best practices of managing a worldwide network. As we accelerate efforts to globalize our supply chain and grow our international footprint, Matt’s experience will be instrumental in expanding our client offerings,” says Jay Deutsch, CEO and co-founder of BDA.
“I was drawn to BDA by the company’s culture of continuous innovation, the massive portfolio of iconic brands they are entrusted with and their forward-looking approach on behalf of their clients and team,” says Ferrari. “I’ve been fortunate to work with a variety of category leading brands; that experience has instilled in me the ability to maximize strategic partnerships and effectively manage a global supply chain. I look forward to leveraging that expertise to further position BDA for ongoing success.”
Magellan Promotions Named 2023 Future 50 Winner
Magellan Promotions (PPAI 288676, D6) has been recognized as one of BizTimes’ 2023 Future 50 winners. The award celebrates the fastest-growing companies in southeastern Wisconsin.
- To qualify, companies must have been in business for at least three years, be privately owned and show significant revenue and employment growth.
- Magellan, which also won the award in 2019, was honored along with other winning companies at the annual Future 50 Luncheon and was featured in an issue of BizTimes Milwaukee magazine.
“We’re excited to recognize this year’s group of Future 50 winners. These companies are creating jobs and fueling the growth of our region,” says Dan Meyer, publisher and owner of BizTimes Media.
ASB Promotes Justin Buysse To Senior Manager Of Fulfillment
American Solutions for Business (PPAI 101656 , D12) has promoted Justin Buysse to senior manager of fulfillment where he will be responsible for leading the team at the Glenwood Distribution Center on both day-to-day and long-term strategies. He will also continue managing the supply chain/logistics department.
- Buysse was also recently honored with the Eagle Award during the company’s American Award Ceremony. The Eagle Award highlights ASB employees, nominated by their peers, who demonstrate the American spirit by unselfishly sharing their time and expertise, extending a helping hand, and improving and energizing morale with a positive attitude.
“Justin is dedicated and possesses the leadership skills we value at ASB, making this promotion a well-deserved step in his career,” says VP of Finance Bill Finley. “I look forward to seeing him excel in this new role.”
Buysse says, “Within the first two years since moving into the new warehouse, the Glenwood distribution team has already achieved great success. I am thrilled to continue working and building with this team.”
Proforma Unveils Certified Brand Specialist Program
Proforma (PPAI 196835, D13) has introduced its latest initiative – the Certified Brand Specialist training and certification program.
- This proprietary program integrates cutting-edge technology and automation with comprehensive training. The company says the program empowers its distributor owners and team members with the tools and knowledge necessary to succeed in the dynamic business landscape.
“The Certified Brand Specialist program marks a new era in training and onboarding within Proforma and in the industry at large,” says Vanessa Edwards, director of business development. “Our dedication to unparalleled support for our members is evident in this new program. We continue to leverage technology to create innovative processes that ensure consistent, unmatched training across the board.”
PPAI Story Design Wins International Gold Davey Award
Spark Publications, PPAI Magazine’s design firm, has won a Gold Davey Award in the Creative Data Presentation category for its infographics in the story, The Chemical Dilemma, published in the April 2023 issue.
- The Davey Awards is an international competition recognizing outstanding creativity from the best small teams worldwide. This year’s 19th Annual Davey Awards received more than 2,000 entries.
- Spark Publications, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, has designed each issue of the Association magazine since 2016.