PromoWire (11/24-11/28): Notes And News Releases From Around The Industry
(Editor’s Note: PromoWire by PPAI Media is a running digest of news releases and updates submitted from organizations around the promotional products industry. PPAI Media edits these only slightly, including for length, and will consider newsworthy entries from any member organization.)
November 28, 2022
Koozie Group Sources Sustainable Paper Stock For Best-Selling Categories
The paper used by Koozie Group (PPAI 114187, S13) in most of its calendars and all of its paper mouse pads, Souvenir Sticky Note pads and Souvenir scratch pad products now comes from facilities certified by either the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) or the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). These two organizations are the gold standard for responsible forestry management.
- The initiative is part of the company’s Keep It. Give It. vision that is built on four pillars, including environmental stewardship as well as fostering diversity & inclusion, safety & social responsibility, and giving back to employees & the community.
- Forests managed under the FSC and SFI must adhere to a strict set of guidelines. By choosing paper produced from certified forests, Koozie Group is ensuring that its supply chain supports the company’s environmental, social, and governance commitments. All three of Koozie Group’s domestic facilities received FSC and SFI certification in 2021.
- Starting with the 2023 product year, nearly 95% of Koozie Group’s calendars will be produced with FSC- or SFI-certified paper. The addition of the FSC/SFI logo will be a rolling process, with full implementation on 2024 calendars. The FSC logo has already been added to the backer sheets of Souvenir Sticky Note pads. All certified products are now identified on the company’s website.
Gemline Announces Partnership With Home and Lifestyle Brand Be Home
Gemline (PPAI 113948, S11) announced a strategic partnership with California-based retail brand Be Home.
- The partnership further expands Gemline’s retail brand portfolio and product offering in its fast-growing home, entertainment and lifestyle categories.
- Be Home has been designing beautiful, eco-friendly and ethically sourced home goods from around the world for over 16 years. Be Home products are sold in 2000+ retail accounts, including Williams-Sonoma, Anthropologie, Magnolia Market, and West Elm, among others.
- “We are thrilled to welcome Be Home to Gemline’s growing roster of best-in-class retail brands, and to introduce them to the industry, especially as they share our vision for responsibly made and beautifully-crafted consumer products,” says Frank Carpenito, President of Gemline. “Be Home’s commitment to design innovation and quality, and the fact their founders have focused on building relationships with family and women-owned artisan groups, multi-generational craftsmen, and independent makers, really resonated with us, and we believe it will resonate with our distributor partners and their customers as well.”
Logomark Partners With Retail Brand Bugatti
Logomark (PPAI 110898, S11) and Groupe Bugatti Inc. have announced an exclusive partnership for the distribution of Bugatti bags into the U.S. promotional market beginning in 2023 with a pre-launch now through December 2022.
- The Bugatti Group creates, designs, manufactures, imports and sells high-quality luggage, briefcases, handbags and accessories worldwide. Their bags are offered at popular retail stores including Nordstrom, Macy’s & Kohls.
- Logomark will initially release 13 backpacks, briefcases, hybrids and duffel bags from Bugatti across five of their collections, with plans to introduce more styles including rolling travel luggage in the second quarter of 2023.
- The newly released bags include the popular Reborn Collection backpack and hybrid duffel, which feature sleek, modern designs made of 100% recycled water-repellent polyester.
Image Source Announces Partnership with IGC Global Promotions
Image Source, Inc. (PPAI 195953, D10) has become a Member Partner of IGC Global Promotions, a global branded merchandise network.
- Based in the Netherlands, IGC Global Promotions, formed in 1956 has 42 members covering over 100 countries with annual spend exceeding $500 million.
- In looking to further provide international client locations with the same exceptional experiences delivered in the US, Image Source joined IGC as their only West Coast partner. This partnership will enable Image Source to better serve the needs of their global clientele, enhancing their best-in-class service model for partners worldwide.
- “During my tenure as PPAI Board Chair I had the opportunity to meet several global networks and I was always impressive with IGC,” says Tom Goos, MAS, president of Image Source. “When the opportunity arose to join this exclusive group, we were thrilled to join. This group has partner companies covering every country in which our clients do business. This will be a big win for Image Source to help our clients whose merchandise needs have become increasingly international in scope.”