PPPC’s NATCON Dishes Out Over 40 Promo Awards
Promotional Product Professionals of Canada (PPPC) brought PPPC’s National Conference back to Toronto for Canada’s biggest trade show and promo event. On September 12, more than 350 award PPPC members converged on the Royal Woodbine Golf Club to network, celebrate the industry and honor awardees.
- This year’s NATCON marked the 42nd annual PPPC Awards and After Party – sponsored by Debco HPG.
- The evening started with a pre-awards cocktail reception outdoors, followed by an awards ceremony with theatre-style seating indoors.
- The awards ceremony was hosted by PPPC board chair and business development manager at Levelwear Jenny LeBricon alongside Paul Wieleba, PPPC board vice chair and owner of E. Promotional Advertising.
Over 40 awards were presented at NATCON this year. Numerous categories allowed various companies and individuals to be recognized for their achievements in promo. Below are the winners of PPPC Awards in 2023.
- Best in Sustainability – Fill it Forward
- Best Embroidery – Sunshine Promotions
- Service & Recognition – Promobilia
- Best Virtual Catalogue – Spector & Co.
- Best Social Media – Spector & Co.
- Supplier & Multi-Line Self Promotion – Spector & Co.
- Creative New Promotional Product – NC Custom
- Most Beneficial Sales & Marketing Aid – Spector & Co.
- Best Imprint (Digital, Flat & Non-Flat Surface & Textile) – Spector & Co.
- Special Effects or Multi-Media Decoration – Promobilia
- Eastern Distributor, Small Enterprise – Lerner Promotions
- Central Distributor, Small Enterprise – I. Promotions
- Western Distributor, Small Enterprise – Full Line Specialties
- Eastern Distributor, Medium Enterprise – Creapub Design
- Central Distributor, Medium Enterprise – Brand Blvd.
- Western Distributor, Medium Enterprise – Image Group Inc.
- Distributor, Large Enterprise – Promotional Source
- Distributor, National Distributor – Promotional Source
- Eastern Multi-Line Agency of the Year – AAG
- Central Multi-Line Agency of the Year – Caton Sales Ltd.
- Western Multi-Line Agency of the Year – Ventura Sales
- Customer Service Representative of the Year – Katherine Browning, Debco HPG
- Sales Representative of the Year – Melissa Martin, Artech Pro
- Supplier of the Year, Small Enterprise – NC Custom
- Supplier of the Year, Medium Enterprise – Artech Pro
- Supplier of the Year, Large Enterprise – Debco HPG
Hall of Fame Induction and Momentum Awards
The 2023 PPPC Awards also marked the 37th PPPC Hall of Fame induction.
- PPPC has been presenting its Hall of Fame Award since 1981.
This year’s inductee was Merrick Falkenstein of St. Regis Group, who has been in the industry since 1989.
Brianna Fijal Mazze of St. Regis Group took home the Humanitarian Award.
The ceremony also included the Momentum Awards, which are somewhat akin to PPAI’s Rising Stars awards.
- Momentum Awards 2023 – Mikas Agarwal, Akran Marketing
- Momentum Awards 2023 – Lyle Goldstein, Boomerang Marketing
- Momentum Awards 2023 – Nikki Sgro, Debco HPG
- Momentum Awards 2023 – Amy Bendahan, Score Promotions
- Momentum Awards 2023 – Grant Kaplan, Regis Group
- Momentum Awards 2023 – Matt Wittek, Fill it Forward
- Momentum Awards 2023 – Brent Stevens, GC Apparel