PPAI Magazine Story Wins International Davey Award For Creative Data Presentation
SPARK Publications, PPAI’s partner in designing PPAI Magazine, has won an international GOLD Davey Award for outstanding creative work.
- The PPAI Magazine story that garnered the award was “PFAS: The Chemical Dilemma” in the April 2023 issue.
- The design took GOLD in the “Creative Data Presentation” category.
The Davey Awards
The Davey Awards is a competition meant to showcase the creative design work of smaller firms and companies working in website, print, video, advertising and marketing and more.
- PPAI chooses to work with SPARK Publication in designing PPAI Magazine, which qualifies its content for the award.
“SPARK Publications is a small and mighty firm serving talented clients,” says Fabi Preslar, president of SPARK Publications. “We are thrilled to celebrate this collaboration, nomination and win with PPAI Media.”
The Davey Award winners are determined by a panel of judges from the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts. Member judges include executives from organizations such as:
- Conde Nast
This edition represents the 19th year of the Davey Awards. There were over 2,000 entries considered for nomination.
The Winning Design
The infographic design that brought home the award came from a story by PPAI Media’s deputy editor James Khattak about PFAS chemicals, titled “PFAS: The Chemical Dilemma.”
- Khattak’s story was rich with education on PFAS chemicals in promotional products, the compliance requirements surrounding them and insightful perspectives from promo professionals.
- Such a scientific subject matter, however, requires enticing visuals to not only break up the text but also make it easier to understand.
PPAI Media congratulates SPARK Publications for the award and all the terrific designs the company has made in collaboration with PPAI Magazine.
“SPARK Publications has been an excellent partner in designing PPAI Magazine,” says PPAI Media’s deputy editor James Khattak. “The people we work with at SPARK have always met us with professionalism, speedy work and, most importantly, great creativity. This award validates what we see every time we put together a new issue.”