PCNA Expands Retail Brand Portfolio With Hydro Flask Partnership
Polyconcept North America (PPAI 113079, S15) has announced a partnership with Hydro Flask, a producer of insulated stainless-steel drinkware and soft goods. Representing the largest inventory investment the Pittsburgh-headquartered supplier has ever made for a product launch, Hydro Flask expands the company’s lineup of more than 50 retail brands.
“This is a brand our distributors have been looking for, and we couldn’t be happier to have it for them,” says Liz Haesler, PCNA chief merchandising officer. “We’re committed to offering distributors the best, most diverse assortment of leading retail brands, so Hydro Flask is a perfect fit.”
PCNA is bringing five of the most popular Hydro Flask styles to the promotional products market: three bottles, a coffee mug and a tumbler. Inventory will arrive in mid-September, but distributors can see the new products and find information about preordering now on PCNA.com.
Haesler notes that Hydro Flask gives distributors an opportunity to capitalize on several key gift trends PCNA is seeing in the promotional products space: retail brands, premium quality, insulated drinkware and products for the outdoors.
“The trend in corporate gift-giving has clearly shifted toward well-made, premium-quality products, even at slightly higher price points,” Haesler says. “Choosing these types of gifts—gifts people would buy for themselves—creates a real connection that’s well worth it.”
Founded in 2009 in Bend, Oregon, and supporting the active, outdoor lifestyle with the motto “Let’s Go!,” Hydro Flask’s products seeks to foster a connection to the outdoors through the joyful, healthy and environmentally conscious lifestyle it represents.
- The company’s water bottles have typically served the sporting goods and outdoor markets.
- To date, it has put more than 50 million reusable water bottles in the hands of consumers.
“Partnering with PCNA is a no-brainer,” says Michelle Bertocchi, Hydro Flask sales manager, customization. “As one of the world’s top-selling brands of reusable water bottles, we wanted to partner with one of the world’s top promotional products suppliers. We trust that PCNA will offer an unmatched ability to customize our products and quickly deliver orders to distributors and their customers.”
Speaking on her company’s journey to promotional products, Bertocchi says, “We saw that when one of our products is given as a business gift, it can open the recipients’ eyes. We felt that we’re missing out by not playing in the promotional products market because there are all of these amazing companies that could be sharing the love and, most importantly, helping our environment.”
Hydro Flask will also be part of ProudPath, the PCNA platform that helps distributors meet their customers’ environmental and social responsibility objectives.
- Along with reducing single-use plastic water bottles through its #RefillForGood platform, the Hydro Flask giving program, Parks For All, supports nonprofit organizations focused on building, maintaining, restoring and investing in public green spaces so people everywhere can live healthier, happier and more fulfilled lives.
- Hydro Flask has donated $2.5 million to support nonprofit organizations focused on building, maintaining, restoring, and providing more equitable access to parks.
The company’s environmental commitment mirrors that of PCNA in many ways. Polyconcept’s commitment to environmental issues and social responsibility includes:
- PCNA has been a member of 1% For The Planet since 2019, donating 1% of eco-product sales to environmental nonprofits—over $500,000 to date.
- PCNA launched ProudPath this year.
- The company offers more than 250 eco-friendly products in its catalog.
“We’ve made a commitment to only partner with retail brands that share our commitment to environmental and social responsibility,” Haesler says. “This is just one more way that Hydro Flask is a perfect fit, and we couldn’t be prouder to partner with them.”