Gemline Report Details Its 2021 CSR Accomplishments
Gemline (PPAI 113948, S11) has released its 2021 annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report. The Lawrence, Massachusetts-based supplier’s CSR efforts are focused on making a positive impact on society through environmental stewardship; charitable giving; diversity, equity and inclusion leadership; and ethical business practices.
In 2021, Gemline undertook multiple initiatives to reduce its impact on the planet:
- Gemline’s headquarters is a zero-landfill facility.
- Also at its headquarters, Gemline has installed a 1,736-panel solar power system that, when it becomes operational by early Summer 2022, is expected to reduce energy consumption by approximately 43%.
- The company has joined the UPS Carbon Neutral Program, designed to offset C02 associated with its shipments.
- Gemline has expanded its already robust and line of eco-friendly products.
Gemline has also become a certified member of the Sustainable Business Leader Program through the Sustainable Business Leadership Network of Massachusetts (SBN). The SBN is committed to raising the bar for business practices that are local, green and fair, and is part of the American Sustainable Business Network, a nationwide organization that is committed to building a stakeholder-driven sustainable economy.
- In 2021, Gemline donated more than $575,000 in monetary and in-kind contributions to a range of charitable organizations that support communities through health and wellness programs, education and leadership activities, with a focus on Lawrence, one of the most impoverished cities in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Gemline’s brand partners, including MiiR, CORKCICLE, Soapbox, Moleskine and W&P all contributed funds to charitable efforts as well.
- Gemline is undertaking several sustainable initiatives intended to come to fruition in 2022.
- The company is reducing the use of PVC in its products, as part of its commitment to the elimination of PVC from the entire Gemline product line by 2025.
- Gemline is slated to decrease packaging waste by 50% by the end of the year.
- Gemline recently partnered with EcoVadis, a globally recognized sustainability ratings provider, to benchmark its current sustainability practices and environmental impact, increase sustainability performance and identify future improvement opportunities across the company and supply chain.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) has been a key focus of Gemline’s for a long time. In 2022, it is strengthening its DEI commitment by engaging a DEI training firm to provide extensive training for all Gemline employees, focusing on DEI awareness, inclusion and relationship building, all meant to further enhance Gemline’s culture.
In Their Words
“We strongly believe Gemline has a long-term ongoing responsibility to our community and the environment. We will continue to build on our corporate social responsibility efforts, seek out opportunities to lead by example and raise the bar in everything we do,” says Jonathan Isaacson, CEO of Gemline.