Inside PPAI - March 2016
Top-Flight Keynote Speaker Lineup Coming To Expo East
This month, Expo East brings the Las Vegas show experience to Atlantic City, New Jersey. Running March 16-19 in conjunction with the Imprinted Sportswear Show (ISS) at the Atlantic City Convention Center, Expo East features the same trade show, networking and education opportunities of the highly successful PPAI Expo in Las Vegas.
Headlining the Expo East education lineup are two top-rated keynote speakers. Master marketer Seth Godin drew standing-room-only crowds at The PPAI Expo 2016, and he’s bringing his message to Expo East. Godin, bestselling author, blogger and agent of change, will kick off Expo East 2016 at Keynote and Cocktails on Thursday, March 17. Joining Godin is Keynote Effect founder and sales management coach Diane Ciotta, who will deliver her message of accountability and motivation at a keynote luncheon on Expo East’s Education Day, Wednesday, March 16.
Godin, the founder of Squidoo.com, is a member of the Direct Marketing Hall of Fame—one of three chosen for this honor in 2013. His latest book, What To Do When It’s Your Turn (And It’s Always Your Turn), uses new ideas in format and distribution to challenge people to step up and do work that matters. Before his work as a writer and blogger, Godin was vice president of direct marketing at Yahoo!, a position he took after selling the internet giant his pioneering 1990s online startup, Yoyodyne.
Keynote luncheon speaker Ciotta’s message dovetails well with Godin’s encouragement to do work that matters. Her presentation will focus on the strategies and solutions to getting and staying motivated for long-term success. After more than two decades in sales and sales management, Ciotta launched her company in 1989 to offer sales professionals the skills and refinements necessary to find success. An in-demand keynote speaker, she has been published in more than 60 U.S. magazines and websites, and co-authored the book Pushing To The Front, with motivational speaker Brian Tracy. She has a book of her own due out soon on integrity in business.
Along with the show’s insightful keynote sessions, Expo East attendees have more than 50 education sessions to choose from on seven tracks—Strategies & Solutions, Corporate Responsibility, Industry Essentials, Marketing & Advertising, Decorate, Sales & Service and Technology. Attendees can register for keynotes and education sessions at expoeast.ppai.org. Admission to the keynote luncheon is $40 for members, $80 for nonmembers. Keynote & Cocktails is a free event and the intimate setting means a limited number of tickets are available.
Co-located with the Imprinted Sportswear Show
March 16 - Professional Development
March 17-19 - Exhibits Open
Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ
Keynote and Cocktails, Thursday, March 17, Free
Keynote Luncheon $40 for members, $80 for nonmembers
PPAI Board Approves PPEF Funding Among Other Actions At Recent Meeting
By Tina Berres Filipski
The PPAI Board of Directors held its January meeting in Las Vegas in advance of The PPAI Expo with board Chair Rick Brenner, MAS+, presiding.
Following are key highlights from the meeting:
• PPEF Chair Pat Dugan, MAS, provided an overview of the successes accomplished by the Foundation in 2015 including an update on its scholarship program and fundraising activities. The board approved a $100,000 in-kind administrative fee waiver for PPEF for 2016-2017.
• Paul Bellantone, CAE, President and CEO, presented an Association update reviewing progress against the goals of the strategic plan and setting expectations leading up to a strategic planning session in May.
• Anne Stone, director of public affairs, recapped 2015 legislative initiatives including the successful outcome of PPAI’s Product Safety Aware program, and discussed plans to expand L.E.A.D. Local to two additional states, New York and Minnesota, in 2016.
• Darel Cook, director of expositions, updated the board on attendee registration and exhibitor statistics for The PPAI Expo 2016 and provided a similar update for Expo East 2016.
• SAGE principals David and Eric Natinsky joined the meeting to provide an overview on the company’s activity, including the recent renewal of the Power Of Two agreement.
• Keith Vincent, director of marketing, reported on the Industry Branding Initiative (IBI) and the selection of Saxum as the Association’s public relations partner. He also reviewed the status of the market outlook survey for the ITR economic research initiative. He noted that staff continues to proactively work to drive engagement numbers to ensure the survey is statistically relevant.
• The board approved an honorary lifetime membership in PPAI for Mark Jenkins, MAS, immediate past chair, who concluded his service to the board at the meeting.
• Chair Rick Brenner, MAS+, and incoming Chair Tom Goos, MAS, recognized three new board directors: Brittany David, Perry Wehrle and Larry Cohen. Brenner also recognized and thanked outgoing board members Chuck Fandos, CAS; Norma Jean Knollenberg, CIP, CPIM; Julie Wright, MAS and David Nicholson.